Friday, May 4, 2018

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Today on May the Fourth only a days from the release of Solo: A Star Wars Story, I thought I would share some promotional videos from the StarWars.com website.

Lucasfilm, the producers of the Star Wars films has decided to donate money up to $1 million to UNICEF as part of a pomotion of their new Solo film. As they announced on their website, Lucasfilm
invites fans to share their own version of Chewbacca’s fearsome roar on social media. For each public post, like, or share on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter that includes #RoarForChange between May 3 – 25, 2018, Star Wars: Force for Change U.S. will donate $1 to UNICEF USA... Funds will be used to support UNICEF’s lifesaving work for children around the world.
To announce it they produced this humorous video.


Another recent video is a guided tour of the Millenium Falcon ("The ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs") given by Donald Glover, the actor who plays Lando Calrissian in the new film.


Han Solo is of course the main character in this new film. Han Solo is played by Alden Ehrenreich who appeared in 2013 in Beautiful Creatures and in 2016's Hail, Caesar. This video suggests some of the new elements to this familiar character from the Star Wars universe.



Jabba Flow is a strange song. According to Wookiepedia it
is a song written and composed by Lin-Manuel Miranda and performed by Miranda and J. J. Abrams for the 2015 Lucasfilm film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Sung entirely in the fictional Huttese language, the song's hook roughly translates to "no, lover, lover, it wasn't me," according to composer Miranda... In The Force Awakens, the song is heard being performed in Maz Kanata's castle on Takodana as protagonists Han Solo, Rey, and Finn arrive.



4 comments:

  1. It’s a good song,it is so funny and i liked a lot and the rithim is so cool Andrew good job 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,I liked so much ,the rithym is so funny and and moving .
    I’m Beltrán from 3ºB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I really liked the idea they had, and I think it is a great way to collect money for charity in a fun way; this is the kind of stuff big companies should start doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my god, I must go to this challenge, wow that reminds me myself making silly things with my fiends hahahahaha.
    I´m Marta S. from 3.E

    ReplyDelete